Abortion is healthcare and a human right. Abortion is fundamentally tied to the principle of bodily autonomy. Abortion bans are class warfare intended to harm and criminalize working people. We must oppose this undemocratic assault on our human rights.
The Supreme Court is an undemocratic institution. These unelected, elite judges are uninterested in protecting the rights of working people. SCOTUS is now a prime vehicle for the white nationalist right-wing: it is not a body we can rely on to protect our rights. The undemocratic ruling to overturn Roe v. Wade is an attempt to erode democracy and working peoples’ ability to make decisions about our own lives.
We need a mass movement to win back our rights. The Supreme Court has made abhorrent decisions in the past — upholding segregation in the 1800s and overturning labor protections in the 1920s. These undemocratic rulings were only overturned with the power of mass working-class movements that challenged the rich and powerful. We urge people to make their voices heard and reject all anti-choice policy and politicians.
Tell DeKalb County to Decriminalize Abortion Now!
On Sept. 20, the DeKalb County Commission will vote on a resolution to decriminalize abortion — making the prosecution of abortions the lowest priority for DeKalb County Police and prohibiting the aiding of other police departments on abortion cases.
Call your representatives today and tell them to pass this resolution! (Find your Commissioner here.) You can also schedule an email to PublicComment@dekalbcountyga.gov the morning of Sept. 20th between 9-10 AM to be read as public comment during the meeting.
|1||Robert Patrick||(404) email@example.com|
|2||Jeff Rader||(404) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Larry Johnson||(404) email@example.com|
|4||Steve Bradshaw||(404) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Mereda Davis Johnson||(404) email@example.com|
|6||Ted Terry||(404) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|7||Lorraine Cochran Johnson||(404) email@example.com|
Call Script/Talking Points:
- State your first & last name and County Commission District
- Abortion is health care and a human right. The GOP’s ban on abortion after 6 weeks is an assault on working people across the state. Pro-abortion candidates should do everything in their power to protect these rights!
- People who get abortions should not be criminalized for making the choice that’s right for their lives, families, and careers. For this reason I’m asking you do to everything you can to decriminalize abortion and protect peoples’ rights, bodies, and autonomy.
- Join DSA to volunteer and attend upcoming events!
- Sign the petition to make Abortion Safe, Legal, and Free in the State of Georgia by passing the Reproductive Freedom Act
- Key Info & Resources:
- Amplify GA’s Reproductive Freedom Organizing Guide
- Atlanta DSA Condemns Georgia’s 6-Week Abortion Ban
- Self-Managed Abortion Info: www.PlanCPills.org
- Find an Abortion Provider: www.INeedAnA.com
- Donate to ARC-Southeast or Feminist Women’s Health Center to help provide abortion access to Georgians who need it!