Starbucks Workers in Atlanta and all around the country are unionizing their stores! After working the front lines of the pandemic, these brave essential workers are demanding living wages, better hours, and a seat at the table. While Starbucks corporate engages in illegal anti-union campaigns to intimidate and scare them, workers need all the support and solidarity they can get from their local communities who support the union.
How You Can Support Starbucks Workers
1) Attend a Solidarity Event!
One of the best ways to help organizing Starbucks workers is to attend one of our solidarity events!
- Sat. May 21st, 2:00-3:00 PM: Come out for a Solidarity “Sip in” at the Ansley Mall Starbucks (1544 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30324). We’ll meet up outside the store and wait in line to order drinks under the name “Union Yes” to show the workers workers they have our support. If you’re lucky we’ll hand out Starbucks Workers United buttons that you can wear. Don’t forget to leave a cash tip! RSVP here.
- Sat. May 28th, 11:00 AM-1:00 PM: Flyer to help grow community support for the union at Ansley Mall! We’ll go door to door to hand out flyers and inform local residents about the Starbucks union and build community support. Meet up meet in the parking lot outside the Ansley Mill Starbucks (1544 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30324). Wear red! RSVP here.
Keep your eyes peeled and check out our monthly calendar for upcoming events: atldsa.org/events
2) Visit Unionizing Stores
Please visit the baristas at unionizing stores and tell them you have their back! Order your coffee with the name “Union Yes” and remember to leave your tip in cash!
- 1801 Howell Mill Road Atlanta, GA (Currently waiting to hear back results from their vote)
- 1544 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30324 (Recently filed and waiting to set a date)
- 3130 Hwy 278 NE NW Covington, GA
- Robert C Daniel Jr. Parkway Augusta, GA (Just won their union vote)
3) Donate to Starbucks Workers United
Buy official Starbucks Workers United merchandise, 100% made in USA and decorated by union workers.
4) Contact Local Elected Officials
Call and email your local elected officials to ask them to support Starbucks Workers United by making a public statement, visiting a unionizing location, or introducing a resolution calling on Starbucks to respect workers’ right to organize.
Officials by Howell Mill location:
- Dustin Hillis – (404) 330-6044 – email@example.com
- Matt Westmoreland – (404) 330-6302 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Micheal J. Bond – (404) 330-6770 – email@example.com
- Keisha Sean Waites – (404) 330-6041 – firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Sign up for Updates
Follow Atlanta Starbucks Workers United on Twitter.
Sign up for Atlanta DSA’s Fight for $15 campaign and we’ll contact you about upcoming volunteer opportunities to support Starbucks Workers United.
Contact Atlanta DSA’s Labor committee to get more involved with the labor movement.